Sunday, March 23, 2014

Hatteras Lighthouse

November of 1998, the local news announced that by January 1, the Hatteras lighthouse would be closed to the public to start preparation to have it moved further inland due to fear of losing the historic lighthouse to beach erosion. Realizing I had never taken a photograph of this landmark at it's present location, I planned a trip. On December 13, I arrived at the Hatteras motel. I walked to the beach to find a location to capture the lighthouse in the predawn light the next morning  ........then retired to my room. The next morning, I was at my location an hour before sunrise waiting for the perfect light. As the predawn light was nearing perfection, a fisherman positioned himself below the lighthouse and gave a great reference to the size of the lighthouse as well as an added element to the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment